• eggnog@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

could it be that they were made by someone from a different instance? so on their end it specified lemmy.world but then resulting in that specification for everyone.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Its a bug. I caused this to happen with one pf my communities by editing it with a remote account.

This causes it to get stuck in a state where its no longer marked as a local community.

This also breaks federation.

• Maffrow@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks like the fix for this is implemented in release 0.18. We just need to wait for all the instances to upgrade.

• stux⚡ @geddit.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That’s a lemmy bug…

Somehow the ‘local’ community gets the hostname extension and it won’t federate or search well anymore

• DrYes@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I hope it can get fixed in the DB or somewhere because I feel like asklemmy will be one of the bigger communities.

• sparky@lemmy.pt@lemmy.pt
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This has happened to a bunch of the communities I created on Lemmyworld. I’ve been trying to ask for help - have created some threads about it and tried DMing the admins - but have never gotten a reply. Not sure what recourse I have, but I get a lot of DMs from users telling me it’s broken.