00:25:DF:*

• dependencyinjection
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

That’s it. Gone I’m getting old. Flipper Zero init.

Do you have one? I’ve been interested for a minute but not sure if I can loads of fun with it.

I’d be interested in using it to affect digital billboards or taking direct action against companies I don’t think have a moral backbone.

• perviouslyiner@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

While flipper is very versatile, it’s pretty weak compared to dedicated devices with proper antennas for the signal type you’re looking at.

• dependencyinjection
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Thanks that helps me make the choice.

I do already have some decent antennas from the last time I was playing around with Kali and Airpdump ng so I’ll get into some studying.

Thanks.

• Glitterbomb@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

I looked into maybe getting a flipper a while back and decided the hackRF would be the way to go. I never got either, but from what I was reading, hackRF let’s you do all the things people who own flippers wish the flipper did.

• dependencyinjection
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

Yeah I think GhostStrats on YouTube did an episode on his toolkit and the HackRF was recommended.

What I really want to do is fuck with digital billboards. I have a hatred for adverts and more so in the real world lol.

• swab148@startrek.website
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Nah, it’d mostly just end up being another useless gadget to me. It’s cool, but I don’t have room for gadgets rn.