• Rayspekt@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    30 days ago

This is more directed at desktop linux, but some solutions around the current kernel anti-cheat systems that lock out linux would be great!

• SSUPII@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      30 days ago

The problem with that is that is hard to experiment with too

Test devices get banned constantly, and the companies behind those systems really don’t like other companies trying to poke around it

• Rayspekt@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

Yes, I absolutely understand the challenge. It just sucks that corpos have that kind of leverage to keep people on windows. In an ideal world gamers would stop playing League after they go live with their stupid Vanguard BS, but in the end we get some rants on r*ddit and most people still continue playing.

• Leg@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

I’m addicted, man. And I got my friends hooked on the stuff. All I can do is sit with the shame.

• Sorrowl@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            27 days ago

You could get into Dota too, I did after they first mentioned the idea of Vanguard coming to League a couple of years ago (also was kinda getting bored of lol.) Sure it’s a very different and hard game, but after I started to understand it, I haven’t looked back.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          27 days ago

It just sucks that corpos have that kind of leverage to keep people on windows

Corpo devs do not care what OS you use. It’s just that so few gamers use Linux that they can’t be bothered to develop for it.

• ipkpjersi@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    29 days ago

Mine died 9 months out of warranty, last week they told me over the phone that apparently the firmware got corrupted and they have to reprogram it, and it will cost $120 USD + tax + shipping (+ import fees of course). I haven’t heard anything else yet. I sent it off for RMA back on May 7, so it’s been a little while lol

• ipkpjersi@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        28 days ago

The symptoms were the internal display went black after an automatic firmware update (you can’t disable firmware updates, they happen automatically) and never came on again, and then external display also went black after working only once. The device would power on, you would hear the fans running, but there was no display and no startup chime.