I think this family bloodline carries a gene that causes a terminal lack of self-awareness. They can’t help saying things at the worst possible time, without regard to how ironic it is.

• phdepressed@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    30 days ago

Annoying ass clickbait. Eric tweeted about how the Trump family “gave up everything for this country”. Some of the remaining conservatives who aren’t MAGA got upset with him.

• 4am@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    30 days ago

Oh my god the people whinging in the comments about the use of “SLAMMED” (not even in caps in the headline lol) are more annoying than every news site using them now

We’re so reddit

• Hugh_Jeggs@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

It’s a very simple rule, if it says “slammed” in the headline, it’s barely journalism and shouldn’t be posted

Turned out to be clickbait right enough, proving the rule

• Jackcooper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

I disagree. People on Reddit didn’t stop saying gem until enough comments responded with le gem and similar mockery. Slammed won’t go away until it becomes enough of a meme that lazy journalists realize they’re parodying themselves when they use it.

• Granbo's Holy Hotrod@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    30 days ago

They are separated from the human experience most of us have. Most of us don’t get to be the center of attention every time we wipe. These people are NOT like us and DO NOT have the same interests we do.