I’m curious about your stories. In my other thread about thinking of moving to Japan because of their population decline people suggested communist countries. I personally don’t consider it at the moment because, to my knowledge, they have a stable population growth so my housing issue wouldn’t be easier to resolve. Nevertheless, I’m eager to listen to your stories. :)

• lemmyseizethemeans@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I live in Japan and have been here for over 28 years. Also I am a nominal members of the Kyosanto (Japanese communist party). I attend rallies and have communist posters hanging outside the house.

Study hard, you can do it. Japan has a rightwing shithead government at the moment but kids are waking up here and hopefully we can change things.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Hey, another Japan comrade. Didn’t expect to see many of us here, though I have only been here about 15 years myself. I am pretty hopeful about the trends towards the future, as people are increasingly disenfranchised with the shitty LDP.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I dunno. My city has communist members in city council and they’re working like hell on all the issues that I agree with. Anti war, pro LGBTQ, fund the schools, stop the goddamn tax, they are nerdy and old and I love them all.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

My comrades here are 70+ years old. Holding rallies in front of 10 people at the train station. I don’t care about any historical indescrections or leftist infighting at this point. The alternative here is what? Naw, cant be bothered with that stuff at this point. We work together as communists to change the political landscape. That’s it.

• Alunya𝕏ers (she/her)@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

but kids are waking up here and hopefully we can change things.

Interesting you say this, I thought Japanese people were all about “The nail that sticks out will be hammered down”?

Also, Hikikomoris.

EDIT: Lmfao I’m getting downvoted for being truthful about Japan. Seethe more, lemmy weebs. <3