• lemmytry@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I’m not so sure about this argument, he couldn’t beat Hilary plus the dnc and all that money, if he had though, it would have been Bernie and the dnc and all that money against trump, that’s a different fight.

• nomous@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

I agree that in a hypothetical Sanders vs Trump in 2016 Bernie would’ve won.

Seeing what the MAGA cult has become, I’m curious if he would today.

• AirDevil@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

He did win against her. Until the Superdeligates swung the election in favor of where their money and the DNC wanted. I completely hold the DNC torpedoing themselves as the reason for Trump in '16.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

He did win against her. Until the Superdeligates swung the election in favor of where their money and the DNC wanted.

Holy shit, the delusion gets greater with every passing day.

Clinton crushed him, by like 12 percentage points. Millions of votes. Absolutely trounced, and it was clear from the start he was going to lose. You take the superdelegates out, Clinton still wins. You give all of the superdelegates from the districts that Sanders won, Clinton still crushes him. Superdelegates played near zero role in Sanders getting smashed by Clinton, unless you really want to stretch and say their pledging made people vote for her. . .but 12 percentage points of people? Nah. You gotta be crazy to believe that.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
            cake
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

I think a lot of young people like myself just wanted him and have felt neglected and disconnected since then. So that’s probably adding to it. But damn I’d still vote for Bernie in a heartbeat today.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

Ftr, I voted for him in both 2016 and 2020 and I would vote for him today as well. I just recognize that I’m much further left than the average Democrat, and that this whole “Bernie was robbed!” is as rooted in reality as “Trump was robbed!”

• nomous@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

Maybe, maybe not but the fact remains he didn’t make whatever deals needed to be made to secure the nomination he was seeking from the party he was seeking it from.

Your analysis of the DNC isn’t incorrect though.