• Binthinkin@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    28 days ago

Yea they should have waited until release but shareholders are human garbage so we got what we got. That said the game now is incredible. They really made a functional piece of art.

• iAvicenna@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      27 days ago

shareholders (and people who try to please them) are pretty much the reason for enshitification of anything

• nostalgiamancer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    28 days ago

It’s in my top 3 favorite games of all time. Looking forward to playing the sequel, 2 years after it releases and it’s “fixed”.

• chrizl@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

I bought it last year and while playing the big update came out which I didn’t know about and after that also bought the dlc and quite liked it

I really liked the story a lot, but the game still had a lot of issues like:

• the city still felt so empty
      • a lot of the npcs looked the same
      • pop-ins of cars / same cars
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        28 days ago

Agreed on the issues, among a few others, but I really do think they turned the game around and we got a better product than we could have ever really hoped for from launch. I do hope more time and care is put into bugs and immersion detail for the sequel. If cdpr can create a world as immersive at Rockstar does with GTA and RDR, Cyberpunk would be unstoppable.

• vrighter
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          27 days ago

i sure hope they don’t copy rockstar. Watching ma horse’s balls shrink in the cold while my character painstakingly rummages through the coats and drawers of all the enemies i just killed is not immersive. I don’t need a simulation of the boring parts of life. I have the real life for that.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            27 days ago

The immersive detail I was speaking of is more in line with the earlier comment about NPC and vehicle variety, npc behavior, world events, etc. The kind of immersion that helps the world feel more alive. You can argue the Rockstar adds in some wild and unnecessary mechanics and details, but they’re great at making a world feel lived in.

• PraiseTheSoup@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          27 days ago

I finished the game at launch and I played the game a month ago and it was hard to see the differences. I’d still give it a 3/10.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            27 days ago

That’s actually pretty unbelievable considering they overhauled entire gamplay and features. I can understand not enjoying the game and what it offers, but there are incredibly clear differences in most of the mechanics, even if the story didn’t change.

But everyone has their opinions.

• PraiseTheSoup@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              27 days ago

You must not have actually played the game early on and instead just drank the CDPR kool-aid. I can assure you the gameplay is exactly the same as it was on launch and the “features” are still just a loose collection of half-assed systems, the majority of which aren’t even necessary to complete the game.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                27 days ago

Bought it and played it on launch. Probably played for 30 hours before I stopped because of the bugs. I returned after Phantom Liberty on a completely new save file and ended up loving it.

And now your argument is different. Instead of no differences, now they’re “half-assed”. The gameplay features are /not/ all the same. It sounds more like /you/ didn’t play the game. Sorry, you didnt like the game. But I did.

Reddit sounds like more your speed.

• Da Bald Eagul@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

No, that was scrapped. Supposedly the plan is to do it with the next game, and the next Witcher game would have it too fafaik.

• Altima NEO@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

I’m still salty that it’s not quite the game they previewed and hyped up.

But I’m glad people are enjoying it though

• Lith@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        28 days ago

That’s putting it mildly. The only thing this game had in common with the marketing was a cyberpunk theme. Other than that, it was pretty much a completely different game, and not much more than a common looter shooter. Looked pretty, but I tried not to look around too much because it made it obvious how empty the world really was.

I don’t care if people like the game, I just wish they’d stop saying “actually it’s good now” just because they made the game half-runnable. Even if it were true, it doesn’t excuse the malicious bait and switch. CDPR has irredeemably lost my goodwill.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

Yeah, I’m not sure that alot of what I felt lacking was really ever gonna be fixable with simple patches. It’s an “open world” game in that there’s alot of open space in the world, but otherwise everything was just on rails. It felt like a dated game that tried to do too much and what it did do, there were plenty of games that had already done it better that had been out for years.

I played through once, without dealing with many bugs (I had one crash the entire time), and haven’t really felt the need to try another full playthrough again. It looked pretty, but the game needed a massive overhaul of many of its systems.

• RealFknNito@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          28 days ago

It’s a good game now. They were getting fucking death threats to release the game early. What pisses me off is they were fucked if they did and fucked if they didn’t but rather than give them slack because the game industry itself is predatory and abusive, you choose to be the shittiest kind of fan. The one that expected it to live up to impossible hype and that blames the company for it when it’s their job to advertise it and get you excited.

I don’t care that you don’t like the game. I wish people would stop giving them shit for investing in making the game better. Would you rather them say fuck it and move on? Get over yourself.

• Lith@lemmy.sdf.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            28 days ago

How am I the worst type of fan for complaining about false advertising when you mention death threats? I’m not even a fan. They couldn’t even deliver on the game being a fucking RPG.

So yes, I do want them to stop working on this flaming dog pile and give the RPG genre another shot so I can maybe get something close to what they told me I was buying. I’ve never contacted any of the devs about this, I haven’t led any hate campaigns, I am just bitter about being grossly mislead, and you’re the one blowing that criticism out of the water.

• Lith@lemmy.sdf.org
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                28 days ago

Fuck off, every time they delayed the game I was happy because they were giving the game the time it needed. What they released wasn’t even close. I replay it in almost its entirety every year to let them prove me wrong, and it’s still shallow, buggy, and just plain boring. You’re making completely baseless accusations without knowing a damn thing about me. I’m just sick of people apologizing for a scam.

The people who say “this game is good now” are usually the exact same people that were saying “this game runs fine and is everything I wanted” on release, the people who hate it have just moved on for the most part. This is the first I’ve heard anything about this game since its anime patch, and the devs are abandoning it, so it doesn’t sound very popular outside of its echo chambers.

• RealFknNito@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  27 days ago

“The devs are abandoning it”

That’s fucking insane that they say they’re finally finished with the game and you twist the menaing into that.

The game was playable on release but sure, pretty buggy. I ran into some funny ones but never one that broke the game so hard it made me throw a tantrum. The game is good now and it was solid back then. I don’t get how you find it to be shallow. The story is compelling, the gameplay is compelling, you yourself admit to playing through it entirely periodically.

The game isn’t and wasn’t a scam Lol. The work put into a game like this, something CDPR has never done, is pretty big. Their big claim to fame is the Witcher series, a third person RPG. They changed perspective to first person and changed it into a shooter. They broke new ground as a studio and you’re giving them shit because it wasn’t everything you hoped it would be?

I don’t talk to people about how much I love CP2077, but when people give it shit back to back and refuse to cut it slack for being what it is? A game Bethesda could have dropped but with a better story, better dialog, better characters, just a better game in general when they’ve never made a game like this… I don’t get it.

It’s like getting pissed that Nintendo didn’t make a good Silent Hill themed game. All they’ve ever known is rainbows and bright colors. Turning mistakes into malice is in itself, malicious.

• Lad@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          28 days ago

I played cyberpunk even after all the fixes and the expansion and I still don’t like it. Pretty looking game but just as shallow as ever. No idea why so many people seem to love it suddenly.

• Murdoc@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            28 days ago

It’s entirely possible to not enjoy a game that is actually good. I don’t get why people like seafood either.