This topic is meant to be a low threshold possibility for all kinds of discussion. It is not meant to keep anybody from creating a new topic, the idea is that it may enable some discussion that would otherwise not happen at all.

• AchtungDrempels@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

What do you think, should i keep making these sticky post? Or rather stop? Make a new one next month? After the first few weeks no one seems to use it. I didn’t want to make it a monthly because i thought that the /c/ might just end up consisting of these type of posts, but the season’s there and topics are on an upswing, yay!

I kept on keeping track a bit of the user counts of some cycling communities, they’re also on a “big” upswing:

Date /c/bicycle_touring /c/bikepacking /c/bicycles@lemmy.ca /c/bicycling@lemmy.world
    04.04.2024 201 275 2.76K 1.88K
    20.04.2024 209 279 2.78K 1.9K
    09.05.2024 230 282 2.8K 1.91K
    30.05.2024 260 286 2.86K 1.95K

(I got these numbers from lemmy.world, might look different on other instances)

Oh, is someone maybe intersted in becoming a moderator for this community? Soon i will have been one for a year and i would kinda like to just be a regular user again :)

• plactagonic@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      30 days ago

I think that the regularity of these posts is ok. Also I looked at the other bikepacking community and it looks dead.

I mod c/homebrewing and I don’t post that much there - now it is at about 1post/week, it doesn’t feel dead and has good engagement. So I wouldn’t be afraid to stop posting that much and became more regular user (depends on the bot/troll activity here, on sopuli it is ok).

• AchtungDrempels@lemmy.worldOPM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        30 days ago

Thanks. There is no bot / troll activity here, all my mod actions have been stickying/ unstickying posts. I will make anothrr quarterly post then next month. I just don’t like having the mod status, haha.