• Shaman Spiff@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

I thought I would be smart, and brought the shield generator to keep out the shriekers. Yeah, that only blocks projectiles, and the shriekers flew right through it…

• jballs@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

I tried the shield generator too and was equally bummed it didn’t stop Shriekers. I feel like they should just donk off of it.

• MrNesser@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

shriekers suck more than stalkers.

The meta that is appearing seems to be smoke and ems strikes to obscure and disable rather than a straight kill.

Then use the incendiary breaker to clear up the mess.

I’d say tesla towers as well but they also suck

• neuropean@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

It was absolute chaos and I loved it. Brought a Gatling sentry by chance and it was dropping them constantly, but not fast enough. Had an incendiary breaker, but it could barely keep up with them. Constantly spraying with the exosuit dropped more until they destroyed it. It was one of the most intense swarms I’ve ever seen, 10/10.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

I made the mistake of bringing a Blitzer as my primary the first time I did it. Those little lightning bolts don’t do shit against Shriekers.

• Chozo@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

Tip for the Shriekers: At the extraction point, there’s a huge pillar that’s in the very center of the map. If your team stands right up against this pillar with their backs to it, the Shriekers will not be able to divebomb you. I don’t know if this works with every wall that you can back yourself up against, but it definitely works on this tower structure in the center of the map. Everything on the ground will still reach you here, so on difficulties where you have Chargers and Bile Titans coming at you, this strat won’t do any good. But at level 4 and under, this is a very easy way to get everybody onto the Pelican.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

Yeah had a couple times where a Bile Titan just spawned right on the drill, killing it immediately. It was some bullshit, but still kind of funny.

• tekeous@usenet.lol
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

I hate Shriekers. Only takes 2-3 hits to kill you with a swarm of 50 on your ass, you can’t really take cover other than dodging, and you can’t dial the extraction without dying if they’re coming for you.

I also hate that I can’t close a bug breach with a grenade.

It’s like the devs don’t play their own game.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

Being prone actually helps a lot against Shriekers. I personally thought this mission was really well done by the devs. I was only playing on level 7 though, maybe it’s impossible at higher levels?

• snooggums@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        27 days ago

I’ve played it at least a half dozen times at level 7 and as long as the chargers and bile titans don’t spawn in under the drills multiple times it is manageable.

If they kept chargers and bile titans from spawning into the drill and insta-killing and fixed the fliers in lower levels it would be awesome.

• TexMexBazooka@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        27 days ago

I play on Helldive but I’ve been busy for a couple days, I haven’t played this newfangled mission but I will tomorrow and report back

• TexMexBazooka@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            25 days ago

Alright, update. Took me two tries to beat it with randoms, wasn’t as bad as I expected. Gatling sentry puts in the WORK. I ran Gatling sentry, auto cannon sentry, cluster bomb and EATS.

For extract I threw down my Gatling and stayed near it, prone. That negated most of the problems from the flybois and let me focus on taking down chargers. Autocannon sentry worked wonders on the biles, just gotta get the placement.

I also had some good team mates so I’m sure that helped. I had the second most kills at 234 and the top was 245

• GregorGizeh@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

Sadly i cant play those, i literally can’t see shit on these dark foggy maps. Completely pointless, same reason why I only do daytime missions if at all possible.

• hellofriend@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

I accidentally crushed a guy on reinf because I couldn’t see him in the fog. After I reinforced him he killed me, reinforced me, and then kicked me :(

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

That’s how the game was on launch for me, but I feel like they’ve significantly improved it since then. There are still sometimes where you can’t see something due to fog or whatever - especially if there’s a spore spewer, but it feels much more intentional to me than just “can’t see shit”.

• papertowels@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

I had the same issue until I completely disregarded their “adjust until the skull is barely visible” and just blasted my eyes with contrast