• BabyTurtles [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’m gonna have to disagree with you a bit on this, if Clinton got to choose scotus justices instead of Trump, RvW would not have been overturned. That’s real world consequences that affects people with wombs every day.

Democrats are equally bad to Republicans on many issues, the oppression of all people matters and we need better answers but it doesn’t help to minimize or invalidate the oppression of people with wombs just to make a point around the oppression of other groups.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Clinton absolutely doesn’t care about people with wombs, all she cares about is herself, power, money, and a place in the history books, and I can’t see any way in which overturning RvW would be her desired legacy. Nothing about it makes any sense.

And just a gentle reminder that trans men can also be affected by this situation, so it’s worth an effort to use trans inclusive language.

• Pentacat [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

We don’t know who HRC would have chosen.

Anyway, Biden was warned of the impending decision months in advance. He didn’t do anything. I guess he and Pelosi did send texts and emails begging for money.

• NewLeaf@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I guess we’ll see if Biden gets another term and picks some more right wing hacks.

I have no faith that democrats would have done the right thing.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        19 days ago

Trump is currently the frontrunner by a small margin, so it’s more likely that Trump will win, and we’ll see if it’s just business as usual or if project 2025 does make anything worse.