What are you guys up to? How is your week going?

• HipPriest@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Just came back from holiday today and this is my last day of being 39… When I wake up I’ll be a distinguished old gentleman with a long white beard.

Or not…

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Enjoy your birthday tomorrow!

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I read The People We Keep by Allison Larkin which is sure to be a classic it’s so good, and I’m alternating between Wounding by Heidi James and some Japanese detective novel about a BDSM murderer called The Rope Artist. I’m not sure that one’s any good but usually anything someone bothers to publish in a translated to English format is worth reading; something like less than 10% of books published in non-English languages are translated and we’re apparently missing a great world of literature not reading them so I always try to. I found a great independent publishing house this week who only publish about a dozen books a year and they’re all really good, so I have a stack of stuff to go through next.

• BlazeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

That’s very interesting, thanks for sharing!

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Currently questioning whether I should start Baldur’s Gate 3 or avoid getting trapped into what seems to be the best RPG of the decade.

• Mog_fanatic@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I feel like this is a good dilemma to have! Lots of people can’t find a game to really get immersed in. Being worried about being too immersed in a game is pretty solid

• FireWire400@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

I kinda have the same problem but with Kingdom Come: Deliverence. I’ve had this game in my GOG library for ages and just never really touched it.

Instead I choose to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas over and over again…

• BlazeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It definitely is! I’m not even sure I’ll like it that much (never played a BG before), but all the critics are so positive it might be that good

• Dandroid@dandroid.app
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I frequently fall into the trap of buying a very popular game because it’s very popular and highly acclaimed, but then they turn out to be games that are not for me for whatever reason. Like RDR2 was just way too slow paced for me. BG3 seems like it is just not the type of game for me, as I’m not really into D&D or that style of RPG at all.

And yet, I’m SO tempted to play it. If Starfield weren’t coming out in less than a month, my curiosity would probably get the better of me. But I need to finish all games I have started on, because once Starfield releases, I’m not sure when I will stop playing it.

• ColdSilenceAtrophies@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

My original plan was to get both at release. I’ve played an amount of Baldurs Gate that is possibly best described as unhealthy, and I think I might hold off on Starfield until I’m done with it. It’s Bethesda, a bit of delay will hopefully give them time to patch some of the worst of the issues it’s bound to have.

• dan1101@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

If you liked Divinity Original Sin 2 you should like Baldur’s Gate 3. Or if you haven’t played DOS2 then you can save some money and buy that.

• orangeNgreen@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I’ll be taking my daughter for a swim lesson, to be taught by yours truly. And then… no idea.

Edit: and apparently I haven’t had enough coffee yet. I’ll be doing this today, August 12. On August 10 I was working.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Sounds cool!

It’s fine, I’ll probably move to a weekly thread format on Monday anyway :)