cross-posted from: https://lemmy.ml/post/16414235

The Ugly History of Dual-Loyalty Charges Ilhan Omar recently deployed an accusation that’s been used against religious minorities for years.

Interesting article, showing how treating Muslims as non-loyal to a country is the same bullshit already done against Catholics, Jews and other religions in USA.

• Chronicon [they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

this article sucked when it came out back in 2019 (saying people are corrupt and taking aipac money is not the same as saying they have dual loyalty because of their religion), and it still blows chunks now

• Seriously it’s fucking insane. Like, obviously I have no respect for this country or “norms” but I think “Wearing the uniform of a foreign military gets you expelled from your job in Congress” is a pretty fucking reasonable rule in any country.

Vote for me for Congress and I’ll go to work wearing an Al Qassam Brigade uniform

• RollaD20 [comrade/them, any]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          25 days ago

Wearing the uniform of a foreign military

Seems to me they are just wearing a different American military uniform.

Vote for me for Congress and I’ll go to work wearing an Al Qassam Brigade uniform

Here’s how bernie can still win