I saw this asked on another instance, thought I’d ask it here and I’ll post my response from there in the comments as I think it felt cathartic.

Doesn’t need to be a life or death situation, just any moment in your life where you found yourself saying “Holy shit, I can’t believe this is happening!”

• dependencyinjectionOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

Dude that’s the sickest(as in best) thing I’ve ever read and I’m not gonna lie I was kinda expecting a terrible turn at the end.

Would love to see some pictures this starling, or videos. It’s on my bucket list to make friends with a bird, particularly crows, and you literally had that. Not only that, the dude loved road trips… like what.

Sorry about his mum though.

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

Here he is sitting happily on my head. He would sit up there and cheerfully root through my hair looking for bugs, or when I walked the dogs he’d sit up there and yell at everyone we walked past. I will upload a video of him when I get home and am on wifi a little later.

• dependencyinjectionOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

I can’t cope. I’m sooo jealous right now. Look how fluffy he is.

One day I too hope to take a walk with a bird on my head as it shouts at people.

I will look forward to a video of the little fella. It’s evening here now so I’m going to be offline for 8-10 hours.

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          22 days ago

The funniest part was how distinctive his voice was. You know when a bunch of birds are chirping in a tree? I could pick him out from inside the house calling for me to come get him in a single chirp. He also obviously a great sense of humor, and when he’d stick his face in the kitchen window to tell me to come get him, his face would be like 😁!!! It really was funny.