“People in our caucus… to me, they’re not really taking this as serious as we should,” Tuberville said. “American people need to wake up. This is a war; this is a war on our Constitutional rights, our constitutional republic. This is not as much about Donald Trump as it is about the people in this country.”

Tuberville also claimed that Democrats were “anti”-American, insisting that the liberal party was looking to strip citizens of their privacy and censorship rights while conveniently forgetting that it was Republican leadership who pushed through the reauthorization of a domestic spy program in April and who are continuing to press for literary censorship in majority conservative states such as Florida.

• teft@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    23 days ago

What’s the issue they have with this verdict? It was handed down by a jury of 12 of his peers. One of them was even a follower of his on Truth social. Unanimous on all 34 counts. So again I ask, what is the issue?

• MeekerThanBeaker@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

I read that the “Truth Social” juror actually just read posts on Twitter/X where he saw reposts about what he said on TS… and that he wasn’t actually a follower on that platform. Could be wrong, but thought I should point that out.

But yes, what problem do they have on the verdict? Either he and others of his ilk are lying or they really believe in conspiracies.

• circuscritic@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Exactly, and I bet you feel fucking stupid as shit now. Don’t you?

Well, I’m not getting left behind this time. No fucking way.

I’m not waiting for the SCOTUS ruling to get in on this action. I’ve already got the ball rolling on all types of fraudulent and criminal financial dealings.

What’s the opposite of a statute of limitations?

• Car@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

An NRA sticker and thin blue line somewhere on your pickup truck whisks that pesky statute away

• makyo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

I love how they’ve been on various witch hunts for decades yet they can still somehow pretend that they have anything left that would escalate their ‘war’.

• Wrench@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

If you’re looking for an actual war, maybe it was a bad idea to fuck over a lot of military officers with your pointless grandstanding. I doubt they have forgotten that their promotions were held hostage to your theatrics.

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    23 days ago

What was the fox news host quote “This was an act of lawfare”? Dumbasses all around.

Edit: Yup, it was Laura Ingram.

• magnetosphere@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

When are we going to stop playing nice, and treat these people like the domestic terrorists that they are? If we continue to let them throw our tolerance back in our faces without any serious consequences, they’ll make our democracy an even bigger joke than it already is.

• whotookkarl@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

Good thing it’s not a real war or his obstruction of military promotions would have helped weaken them when they’re needed. Tuberville doesn’t care about anything but himself.

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

It’s weird how even the lowest of low-info can be trained to believe that because the felon Ronald McDonald was convicted for his felonies, that it’s an attack on…checks notes…“the people in this country”.

• Argongas@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

I mean he’s kinda right, but he just doesn’t realize he’s on the side threatening America.

• Snapz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Oh, here we just call it a “tuberville response”, the “stupid” is implied.