• henfredemars@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

Thank you. As a child I always thought this was such an important job. It’s a shame the highest paid humans are useless.

• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        24 days ago

It IS an important job! Without us, the disabled, the elderly, and the lazy enough to become 600lbs couldn’t traverse large airports, and fly to various cities. We do a lot of hard backbreaking work for often very little money.

So the next time you fly with grandma, slip your wheelchair assistant a $20 bill tip. Unless they were spectacularly awful at their jobs, and tossed your grandma down a flight of stairs…

That would be awful!!! Still though…maybe like $5?

• jabathekek@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

Easy; just shove a massive LiDAR scanner underneath, a few rechargeable 12 volt batteries, an acceptably advanced image processing system- it’s basically a self driving golf cart that would probably cost more then your yearly salary and not work as well but common sense doesn’t really mean anything to management so it’ll happen either way!

• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        24 days ago

…stop being right. I know you don’t know the layout of the airport I work at, but theres a part where I’m SURE that thing would run over people.

• yopla@jlai.lu
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          24 days ago

. that thing would run over people.

By running over people it will ensure that it has a decent supply of people in wheelchair. Because even AI need job security.