• TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

No. They see a guy who will allow them to gouge us even more and put a nail in the coffin of the citizens picking senate and house seats.

Suspended constitution, call for a convention, and get rid of that pesky 17th Ammendment. The Koch Bros have been after that one for a while.

• Tolookah
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 days ago

Name and shame? The only name I saw in the article was ryan Selkis, who runs the crypto research platform Messari.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Ryan Selkis worried about his physical safety as he pulled up to David Sacks’ fundraiser for Donald Trump in San Francisco on Thursday night.

Even with the heavy security around the perimeter of Sacks’ “Broadcliff” estate, Selkis, who runs the crypto research platform Messari, expected to encounter swarms of agitated protestors.

“It was a 10-to-1 pro-Trump versus anti-Trump [crowd],” he told me the following morning.

Thursday’s sold-out fundraiser, which was co-hosted by Sacks and his All-In Podcast pal, Chamath Palihapitiya, marked Trump’s first official visit to San Francisco in over a decade, according to The New York Times.

More importantly, it signals how vocal leaders of the tech world are increasingly coming out in support of another Trump presidency.

Despite attempting to overthrow the last election, getting impeached twice, and more recently, becoming a convicted felon, Trump appears to be fracturing what has historically been an extremely progressive monoculture in Silicon Valley.

The original article contains 171 words, the summary contains 152 words. Saved 11%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!