• Soggy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

The divergence is what sort of lighting you consider “comfortable”, in case you were serious.

• efstajas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        21 days ago

Isn’t it generally accepted that directional, dim lighting makes for a more comfortable atmosphere? I doubt that any professional interior or lighting designer would just put a single omnidirectional ceiling light in the middle of the room and call it a day, for good reason. So how is enjoying that neurodivergent? Tbh it seems more neurodivergent to me to be comfortable with bright cold light at home — that’s serial killer behavior, lol.

Seems more like a question of preferences or caring / not caring about something rather than being neurotypical or not.

• efstajas@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            20 days ago

Hyperbole, and the other way around — serial killers are obviously neurodivergent, but of course not all neurodivergent people are serial killers, haha.

• nickwitha_k (he/him)@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          21 days ago

I doubt that any professional interior or lighting designer would just put a single omnidirectional ceiling light in the middle of the room and call it a day, for good reason.

Well, they might because it’s cheap.