• Stern@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 days ago

Guessing homey either doesn’t know about Elon’s dad being kind of a piece of shit too, or was just meme’ing and didn’t expect anyone to think about it that hard.

• xantoxis@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        17 days ago

I mean, the dude made all the South African emerald money that Elon relied on to stay rich, so I don’t see how anyone could think he was a good guy. So it’s probably the second thing.

• cor@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 days ago

why are chad’s this hypermasculine fuck when it could be anything else representing a positive male?

• CloutAtlas [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    17 days ago

His grandfather was also a very successful chiropractor in Canada, owning a 20 room house and a private plane from damaging people’s spines for a living and helped popularize the pseudoscience of Chiropractics in Canada.

It’s just grifters all the way down. If you told me his ancestors went town to town selling “cure all elixirs” that’s just ground up horse hooves, sawdust suspended in cider vinegar, I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Donkter@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      17 days ago

I think they just mean “a mine in the south of Africa” which is confusing because they decided to name a country South Africa too.