• Evilphd666 [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    16 days ago

Ok then dont buy it and bridget-pride-stay-mad snowflakes.

I mod my fantasy games to make them even more sicko-hexbear-woke

Everyone NO PANTS! I already have to get pants SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT EVERY DAMNED DAY! I CAN’T GET AWAY FROM IT! All women are NB, trans, and fembois with highly detailed uncut 4K res dicks. No one is cishet in MY FANTASY games.

• Tankiedesantski [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

Generic

My brother in Andraste, the game is set in Thedas because it’s THE + Dragon + Age + Setting. It’s so generic they kept the place holder name for the continent it’s set on.

• ComradePlatypus [fae/faer]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      16 days ago

They made all the love interests player-sexual (will romance regardless of gender), which upset reactionaries because “there’s no straight option”, because even if you play a guy and romance a lady, she could have romanced a lady too.

It’s wild because player-sexual NPCs is kind of a step back from DA:I, that had explictly Bi characters (Iron Bull, Josephine), explicitly straight (Blackwall, Cassandra), explicitly gay (Dorian, Sera) and people who had limited romance options like Cullen (only female humans and Elves) and Solas (only female elf, but was meant to be bisexual but only to elves but cut due to time).

Fallout 4 is 9 years old and has player-sexual romances. The complaint about player-sexual relationships is that it erases queer identity and queer characters people can see. Having a character like Sera or Judy (from Cyberpunk) who is explicitly a lesbian etc. The argument for it, is if you don’t you get silly things happening like Mass Effect having clearly queer or bisexual characters locked as straight.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        16 days ago

I liked Cyberpunk’s relationships. There’s a moment after rescuing Saul, where Panem and V are drinking and can flirt, Panem has her legs on top of V, V can run their hand up Panem’s thigh. If you’re masculine it leads to a kiss and falling asleep together, if you’re feminine it leads to a jarring shift in tone as Panem suddenly recoils realizing you’re not joking and then awkwardly tries to diffuse the situation.

Even though it’s a scene of rejection, it feels like a real lesbian experience, with all the discomfort attached.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          16 days ago

The problem is they aren’t often actually portrayed as bi or pansexual. If the player doesn’t interactive with them, nothing happens to establish their queerness and the fandom treats them as if they straight by default. Bi character in a game are good when they’re making it clear from the get go that they are bi (like Iron Bull in Dragon Age).

• barrbaric [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        16 days ago

DA3 already had a powerful, bald, black woman as a companion so Bioware really has to up the ante if they want to be more woke in DA4. It must be revealed that in Tevinter the slaves are all woke and wear nametags with their pronouns, and that every slave-owner is white and speaks with a southern drawl.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          16 days ago

Such a weird character arc she has too. She can become their equivalent of Pope, even though it should be impossible as she is a mage. Then if you do she sticks to the status quo on Mages and causes everything to be fucked up by not resolving the Mage-Templar contradictions.

• barrbaric [he/him]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            16 days ago

Obviously they can’t resolve the contradictions in just one subvariant of an ending that most people won’t see, but that just raises the question of why they went with that as an option in the first place.

Also I forget, what were the two factions actually arguing for? Templars wanted to eat rocks and kill all mages, mages wanted to not be killed?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              16 days ago

The three Pope options were her, Leliana and Cassandra. She was probably the least popular so it kind of makes sense to give her that ending. Leliana had the most revolutionary one where she freed the mages and allowed them to govern themselves, which ended up causing lots of conflict.

Cassandra had the centrist option of making the mages cops partnered alongside the Templars (instead of their prisoners) and that fixed most things.

Templars wanted to eat rocks and kill all mages, mages wanted to not be killed?

Pretty much.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      16 days ago

I liked Dragon Age 2. It was not good gameplay wise, but I did like that you were just some guy/gal and their odd collection friends hanging out in a fantasy city doing jobs and get rich schemes, rather than some chosen hero on quest to save the world.

Inquisition had some really good story beats but it was basically like playing a single player MMO, so much grinding and fetch quests.

• ShimmeringKoi [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

I’ve been getting this sub and some other generic pronouns sub recommended to me lately and I keep them around like little guilty desserts of stupidity. Their vague and wildly flailing seriousness is very funny to me.

• milk_thief [it/its]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    15 days ago

I am pretty sure they grow guys like this on a farm… next things are gonna be the cynical agarthan, the meth critic, poopenfahrtenkommando and Jack the cockroach rantsona