I wonder why I haven’t seen any communities so far that link to related communities in the sidebar.

That was common in some subreddits, but it would be much more crucial for lemmy/kbin because of how bad communities can propagate sometimes.

Probably going back to customs of websites 20 years ago, who linked to each other to increase their visibility and ranking. I’ve also seen that on zeronet, where they included banners of other sites to increase their spread in the network.

• BaŝtoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yep, such links like between fuck cars and yimby are what I meant.

Though a link with Bang-Syntax might be easier, otherwise that results in a bit of instance hopping and switching to browser in some mobile apps.

• Pandantic@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The community I contribute to the most is the only one. The other same-name communities are dead (or only a couple old posts) and I posted a link to the one I use in the posts. Also, I browse on mobile most of the time, so I don’t see sidebars.

• maegul@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Should be done more for sure. It’s also the kind of self-organising that will be necessary to keep lemmy/kbin active and healthy. Users should maybe not be so shy about suggesting such links.