• walden@sub.wetshaving.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 days ago

That’s not bad at all. This level of watch should typically be +/- 15 seconds a day, so you’re well within that.

• dependencyinjectionOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Thanks. That’s good to know. I’ll have to remember to change the time every so often to make it accurate.

• gravitas_deficiency@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 days ago

To my knowledge, the only automatic movement that is going to be notably better in terms of accuracy is Seiko’s Spring Drive, which will get you to +/-15s per month. It’s actually a fascinating bit of mechanical and electrical engineering, and one of the few real innovations that have occurred in mechanical watchmaking in quite a long time.

In terms of adjustment: I usually set my watch a tad fast (i.e. round up to the nearest minute) on my seiko, because it doesn’t have hacking seconds and is kinda fiddly to get it to sync super precisely, and then just tweak it when I notice the time getting out of whack with what my phone or computer says.

• dependencyinjectionOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

How often do you correct it?

I know I’m overthinking this but that’s what I do. 😔

• Dutchie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 days ago

Not often 😉 I have 2 automatics, 1 kinetic and 1 g-shock. The automatics wear ik most of the time 1 or 2 weeks. So I don’t adjust them in that period. My Vostock is approx 1 minute ahead per week.

• vamp07@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 days ago

If I’m not mistaken, the way a spring drive works is that it’s really just a quartz movement, but the power comes from the watch movement.