Most of the time when people say they have an unpopular opinion, it turns out it’s actually pretty popular.

Do you have some that’s really unpopular and most likely will get you downvoted?

• Christopher@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I loved BOTW and have done multiple playthroughs. I’ve barely played TOTK because I’m not a fan of the new runes, specifically the fuse one.

• Aki@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion, TOTK is just not going to be scratching the same itch that BOTW did.

Edit: I’m not saying BOTW is a better game, but it just doesn’t feel as novel as it used to.

• ShunkW@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

My unpopular opinion: as I am a huge Zelda fan, I really did not like botw and won’t play the new one. They fundamentally changed the entire things that made the game fun for me. Some things are kinda cool like the abilities but the weapon system is frustrating, leads to the same problems that other RPGs have like item hoarding.

• Timecircleline@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I had the same opinion, but went back to it when tears of the kingdom came out, with the understanding that weapon durability is a problem, and wound up really enjoying it. Not my favourite LoZ game by any means, but still an enjoyable way to spend some time.

• BedbugCutlefish@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I dunno, I really don’t get either of them. They just seem like dreadfully boring games. Played like, 6 hours of each, and I just, don’t get the appeal, at all.