Most of the time when people say they have an unpopular opinion, it turns out it’s actually pretty popular.

Do you have some that’s really unpopular and most likely will get you downvoted?

• phillaholic@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Universal healthcare would go a long way to improve all of the latter, however to play cause and effect; If you remove unemployment and child-support, you’ve inevitably now increased the homeless population and driven others to crime. How you do now deal with that?

• marksson@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I moved 4 times, over 1k kilometers total for work, while all my peers where sitting on their asses and crying that there’s no future in the shithole we were born in. I do not have sympathy for such people. So answering your question: first: I don’t care. If you have two hands there’s nothing justifying you. Second: If you brake the law, you face the consequences.

• phillaholic@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

You had money to move. You didn’t need/want to live around your family. You had the skills to get a job somewhere else. You had the educational foundation to gain those skills.

Your brash response and lack of answers tells me you really don’t know though, so we can leave it there.

• marksson@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

My family lost everything in a flood when I was 8. My parents lower working class. I left home/moved 1st time at 18. I had nothing to inherit and nothing to lose. The ticket was 3$. While textbooks were not free, attending school was. I accept excuses from people that got caught in a natural disaster or a war only.

• phillaholic@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

k, sounds like you made up your mind. You don’t seem pleasant to talk to, so I’ma head out.