• candyman337@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

If you need to use mouse movers your company sucks and micro manages you too much. If you have a job where you get your work done early or you don’t always have to be at your PC that should be perfectly acceptable. You’re paid to get your job done, as long as it’s getting done then nothing else should matter outside of some sort of harassment or inappropriate behavior.

• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Wells Fargo

Is it any surprise that a bank that has a history of treating customers like shit is also a shitty place to work?

• Nik282000@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 days ago

You aren’t looking at it from the corporate perspective. They OWN you, you are their property for 8 hours a day and if they want you to sit there and suffer you will or you will be fired for “theft of time.” It’s very simple.

• Evotech@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 days ago

There should be better ways of measuring productivity other than pc activity.

But I’m fairly sure these people didn’t do shit and they also used this to make it look like they were active

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

According to a report from Bloomberg based on “disclosures filed with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority,” last month, Wells Fargo fired “more than a dozen employees” after an investigation revealed they were using devices or apps to simulate productivity on their computers.

The FINRA disclosures did not reveal whether the terminated employees were caught using the tools while working remotely, according to Bloomberg, but they were all part of Wells Fargo’s “wealth- and investment-management unit.”

The devices and software in question have existed for years but skyrocketed in popularity during the pandemic when many employees suddenly found themselves working from home without any in-person supervision.

Many companies rely on software to monitor these inputs as a way to ensure that remote employees are actually at their computers and being productive, and as remote working has continued after the pandemic, these monitoring tools have grown more sophisticated with the ability to now spot the patterns, however random they may seem, that a “mouse jiggler” is in use.

It’s a cat-and-mouse game (no pun intended) that’s going to continue to evolve as both “mouse jigglers” and the detection tools improve.

There may never be a clear winner, but as the popularity of working remotely continues to grow, a better approach will be for companies to simply redefine how they measure productivity for employees outside of the office.

The original article contains 277 words, the summary contains 223 words. Saved 19%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!