• Thorry84@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 days ago

I feel this applies to more than just adhd, for example things like burn-out and depression.

• SchmidtGenetics@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

ADHD is just a bunch of symptoms in a trench coat.

Yeah everyone pees, but if you do it 60 times a day, you should probably ask why, no?

• bolexforsoup@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 days ago

ADHD often comes with some degree of low-grade anxiety/depression tbh

I remember talking to my therapist about how I’m not worried about forgetting something, I’m always worried about what I haven’t realized I have forgotten and is already causing a problem. I just live in a constant state of “something is on fire I just haven’t smelled the smoke yet.” it’s not quite PTSD, but it is certainly something analogous and it’s always this low level hum of stress. At least that’s what I took from my conversation with her.

• aStonedSanta@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 days ago

Fucking hell. I have days or weeks where this happens for me but eventually passes. Usually it’s time related for me. Like I’ve missed an appointment. But there isn’t one?? 🤷‍♂️

• Zink@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 days ago

You know, just this week I saw the dermatologist again after several years. One of my medications makes me more susceptible to skin cancer and I needed a prescription related to a skin condition refilled.

So I needed to go more than most. I have plenty of other simple things I’ve been waiting months to do, but it IS possible to knock these things out.

• BougieBirdie@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

If you make a venn diagram of the symptoms of ADHD, PTSD, burnout, anxiety, bipolar, and autism you get pretty close to a circle

• BeAware_@lemmy.dbzer0.comM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

Nothing here is a clinical diagnosis. They are just a lot of the things us with ADHD deal with on a daily basis that effects our lives enough that it severely diminishes our quality of life without physician help. See a doctor if these types of things are effecting your life in any significant way.

• ctenidium@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

I have to deal with depression at the moment. I am unhappy with some circumstances in my life. Since unemployment could happen soon, it would be beneficial, if I would apply for some jobs. I even asked some friends if they knew about vacancies. But for some reason I just can’t do it. It is enormously frustrating. But reading about symptoms here and realising it actually is a symptom helps me with self compassion.