• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 days ago

Honest question, how do you use Lemmy but also use Tik Tok? I feel like they are philosophically on opposite ends of each other.

• pelletbucket@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 days ago

and I have to be absolutely honest, all of these people crying about it sound exactly like the boomers on the Congressional panel trying to figure out how the internet works. it’s pretty entertaining, but paints a poor picture of the future for people who claim to be wanting a more unfettered internet.

• pelletbucket@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 days ago

I’m going to have to ask you to explain what you mean by that. I use TikTok to learn what’s going on on the front lines of Ukraine and Gaza before the news washes it, and I make videos about historical and current events that are interesting but are secretly designed to radicalize people.

tiktok is the reason people know exactly what’s going on in Gaza. it’s the reason people know exactly what’s actually going on at every major protest that’s happened in this country in the last 5 years. it’s constantly used to disseminate information about crimes committed by the government, and individual governmental employees.

what exactly do you think the single philosophy of a social media platform made up of over a billion international users is?

when you find yourself on the same side as the US Congress, that should cause you pause.

• Godric@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 days ago

Does the old copypasta work here?

I just downvoted your comment.

FAQ

What does this mean?

The amount of points on your comment has decreased by one.

Why did you do this?

There are several reasons I may deem a comment to be unworthy of positive or neutral votes.

These include, but are not limited to:

• ⁠Rudeness towards other Lemmerinos,

• A joke I personally disagreed with,

• ⁠Spreading incorrect information,

• Positively mention a website I dislike,

• ⁠Sarcasm not correctly flagged with a /s.

Am I banned from the The Instance?

No - not yet. But you should refrain from making comments like this in the future. Otherwise I will be forced to issue an additional downvote, which may put your commenting and posting privileges in jeopardy.

I don’t believe my comment deserved a downvote. Can you un-downvote it?

Sure, mistakes happen. But only in exceedingly rare circumstances will I undo a downvote. If you would like to issue an appeal, shoot me a private message explaining what I got wrong. I tend to respond to PMs within several minutes. Do note, however, that over 99.9% of downvote appeals are rejected, and yours is likely no exception.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Accept the downvote and move on. But learn from this mistake: your behavior will not be tolerated on this Lemmy instance. I will continue to issue downvotes until you improve your conduct. Remember: Lemmy is privilege, not a right.