idk i just thought the article title was funny

• LaGG_3 [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 days ago

She told Newsweek: "Predators watch us for a long time before they act and if you feel threatened or unsafe in the parking lot, social niceties do not apply, the protection of your children takes precedence.

“If I don’t feel safe and my kids are in the car, I will usually put the cart in front of my car or put two wheels up on the grass or a parking lot stop. I make sure the car won’t roll anywhere and that it’s safe and I also make sure it’s not blocking a parking spot.”

If the stores you’re going to are so dangerous, maybe stop taking your kids there?

Absolutely wild that this lady thinks the solution is to leave her kids in the car (probably locked with the car off lol) instead of just taking the cart back with them.

• LaGG_3 [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

And most grocery stores will do pickup for a minimum order or a small fee. Like, if the store is that fucking dangerous you don’t even need to put yourself in that situation.

• GalaxyBrain [they/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

Reports from people who have worked groceries have told me that she’s accidentally doing praxis. Hauling carts back is a pretty sweet task to have. You get to leave the store, no one’s keeping an eye on you so you can fuck around and if you smoke you can sneak a smoke.

• gaycomputeruser [she/her]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 days ago

So the whole foods people have to get kidnapped instead ig. It’s obvious that a lot of people like this don’t view workers at stores as full people because otherwise why aren’t there tons of reports on workers from your store getting kidnapped?

• anarchoilluminati [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

“The people in the comments that are hating on me and trolling the account, have not experienced the darkness in the world that many of us have. I hope they don’t have to experience it, but unfortunately, many of us will, and if we can prevent it, we should.”

Says Ph.D educated, White suburban mom shopping for groceries.

But one user said: “I agree with you 100%.” Another said: “I’ve thought the same thing. Even by myself, walking way down away from my car to the cart corral is dangerous these days…I’m with you on this.”

Again, then why go to the danger store at all?! At least if you must go personally pick which bunch of organic purple kale you want then just take tote bags with you, that way you don’t need to risk your life with the vulnerabilities of carts. Just pack your tote bags as you shop, pay for the groceries, run straight from the grocery store’s door to your car, throw the bags in, peel out of there before hamas kidnaps you and your kids, keep an eye out in case someone follows you home, hopefully you have a garage you can get into safely and automatically close behind you otherwise you may have to prepare to run from your driveway into your home and slam the door behind you, don’t drop your keys because you could get attacked, if anyone approaches your home during or immediately after this then castle doctrine applies and you can shoot them with your tactical shotgun. Much safer than returning the shopping cart.

• gaycomputeruser [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 days ago

What are people on about with how “dangerous” the world is. I talked to this clearly well off person from nyc the other day and they were convinced that myc was incredibly dangerous. Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t crime at a historic low in nyc? How are people this actually dellusional. The amount of the suburban moms that post stuff about child trafficing that have 0 evidence or factual basis for what they claim are signs of trafficing are incredible. It seems that 3/4 times someone mentions sex trafficing they have 0 idea how it actually works, even though there are well known facts about what trafficing is and how it usually works.

Edit: I went and looked at her tiktok and wow uh. What world does she live in? Some of the most conspiracy brained, suburbanite castle-house, assuming people are targetting you shit i’ve ever seen. Why live like this? This is such an unanalyzed position - how does she rectify the fact that the vast majority of people have never had to deal with anything like this, and grow up just fine? She doesn’t, instead you reject opinions outside your own and decide that the world just works like this. If we are charitable, then we can consider that she probably considers her kids as high value targets (white) and that that’s why she’s extra careful.

• emizeko [they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 days ago

psshhh this lady doesn’t even have an overwatch drone to lay down suppressive fire around her whenever she’s outside her car? is she poor or something?