!epp@hilariouschaos.com

Welcome to extremely polite politics! Where you can say what you want but just in extremely polite language to a ridiculous degree.

Rules: Polite Language Only: All posts and comments must be written in extremely polite, formal language, akin to 1800s etiquette.

No Modern Slang or Cuss Words: Any use of modern slang, cuss words, or informal language results in a warning or temporary ban.

Respectful Insults: You can insult or criticize, but it must be done in the most respectful and formal way possible.

Enforcement: A point system is used for rule violations, by accumulating a total of 3 infractions resulting in a temporary ban (e.g., three strikes and you’re out for a week).

Examples:

Proper Critique: "My dear sir, it appears your argument lacks the necessary foundation in empirical evidence, and I must respectfully disagree with your conclusion.

Polite Insult: “Madam, with all due respect, your assertion is as misguided as it is ill-informed."

• sabreW4K3@lazysoci.al
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 days ago

Alice!

Every time you’ve created a community, I always lament that it’s at a bad time and promise to check out your instance later. Just now I finally checked and sweet potato pie, you need to chill. It’s wonderful that you’re proactive and you’re trying to create an amazing instance for everyone. But less is more. Rather than having a hundred low activity communities, have a few that are the go to version of them in the Fediverse. Just my unsolicited advice as someone that wanted to come and commune with you, only to be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of communities you’ve created.

• HurkieDrubman@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

in eighth grade I found an unabridged dictionary and used it to look up words to insult my friends so they couldn’t tell I was insulting them

• Dendr0@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

Meh, more inane rules that result in random bans for silly reasons. I mean hey, you do you, but dont expect the general public wandering in from various wide feeds such as the equivalent of all/new to know, let alone respect those rules.