• Cort@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

Better hope it never needs parts, they’ve never recovered from covid backlogs in my experience. I’m no longer surprised when the rover parts guys tell me something is on “intergalactic backorder”

• Altima NEO@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 days ago

Range Rover, a brand synonymous with electrical problems… making an EV.

Yeah, nah. Im good, mate.

• jonne@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

I don’t understand who these people are that can put down a deposit for a car that’s like 2 years down the line, if you’re lucky, without any guarantees it’ll be any good.

• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        7 days ago

Wait-list isn’t a deposit.

That being said, if you’re buying an 80k vehicle 2-3k isn’t a lot. If you want a new desirable model it’s the only way to get it on launch or year 1. Deposits are usually refundable.

• dogslayeggs@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 days ago

While the deposits are refundable, that is still money you can’t put to use, either through investing it or spending it on daily needs. If it’s for a few months to hold a car that’s being built and delivered for you, that’s different.

• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 days ago

Yeah but it’s mostly inconsequential at incomes coming from folks buying these vehicles. At 300k, which is a stretch here, you’re talking less than 1% total salary.

• SOMETHINGSWRONG@lemmy.dbzer0.com
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 days ago

I can’t speak for the neighborhoods you hang out in but the USA car bubble is fucking insane right now.

People making $26 an hour in SoCal (where rent is $2400) regularly buy $70,000 trucks ($150,000 if you count interest), mustang GTs, top-trim/model Wranglers, GLAs. Spending >$50k on a car is normal for the working class when they don’t even own homes yet.

Complete insanity. I used to think the ‘collapse’ folks were full of shit. Turns out they were just early.

• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 days ago

🤷‍♂️, idk their overspending doesn’t hurt me. I see more people buying reasonable-ish cars and trucks.