• Rapidcreek@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 days ago

Man, Biden is trying really hard to make the FBI look unbiased with all these fake raids of Democrats!

(/snark in case it was needed)

• Jesus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

I was a bit bummed that Loren Taylor narrowly lost in 2022. Thao beat him by .6% when round two of rank choice voting was tallied.

Thao is from the Oakland Hills, and that’s the part of town with more money and higher voter turnout. Taylor, also a Democrat, is a black man whose family has been in Oakland for 3 generations, and he has an impressive education.

I feel like Thao got the vote because people in the Hills thought she would prioritize their needs. IMHO, on paper, Taylor was better equipped to empathize with Oakland’s marginalized communities and was better prepared for the administrative needs of the jobs.

• just_another_person@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

Sounds like it could be a corruption case moving on her. Oakland just can’t catch a fucking break, and they really need it.

Fuck this lady, if true.

• Jesus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      7 days ago

Yeah, Oakland is a great city that was starting to come up again, but it’s been back sliding over the past eight years.

I will say this though, the last 6 months have felt a little different here. In a good way. Doesn’t quite feel like the Wild West right now.