• astronaut_sloth@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

YES! I study AI, and this is exactly how I feel!

Side note-One of my favorite things to do is ask people what their use case for using AI is, and watch them sputter out “uh…emails and productivity and things.”

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

I got pulled into a meeting with a team from AWS. I was told they were looking to implement a new solution, so I had to explain in detail how our data lake and data warehouse solution worked. I showed them how we pull data from all these different sources, how we have different integration patterns, etc.

At the end of my presentation, I asked “does that give you what you guys need? Or do I need to go into any more detail about anything specific? I don’t know what you all are actually building, so I’d be happy to provide more detail where you need it.”

Their response was “yeah that was all great info. We’re looking to build an app using AI and ML that allows you to run the business with a click of a button.”

I’m glad it was a remote meeting without cameras, because I literally face palmed. They didn’t have an actual use case or problem they were trying to solve. They were literally just selling a solution built on AI and ML. They didn’t know what it was gonna do, but by God they were committed to selling it.