• Coasting0942@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 days ago

I’m not going back to typing my grocery list manually. So I’m fucked in that part of my life.

Edit: thank you to everybody suggesting privacy preserving methods of grocery list maintenance. I’ve already considered them.

• haui@lemmy.giftedmc.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

I use „tasks“ for that. When i prepare to go grocery shopping I go to my fridge, open the completed „shopping“ tasks list and uncomplete what is empty. I then complete them again in the mall. Of course the list is hosted on my server.

You can also have a barcode scanner to automate the „done“ action. You could also put in a timer to automatically make things undone if they need regular buying.

In any case, using ai voice recognition for this is a massive waste of computing power for things that can be done by simple if else statements. Of course it is also a massive privacy invasion if you use big tech stuff for it.

• zingo@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

I use „tasks“ for that. When i prepare to go grocery shopping I go to my fridge, open the completed „shopping“ tasks list and uncomplete what is empty. I then complete them again in the mall. Of course the list is hosted on my server.

A man of culture I see.

Selfhosted task list. There is where we stand united my friend.

• qprimed@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

so voice typing, huh? not really sure it matters at this point. I use an open source keyboard, but my inputs go right into the OS of the worlds largest spy organization.

on the other hand… this is a great opportunity to hone your handwriting and memory skills.

• grrgyle@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

You don’t write your grocery list on a bit of paper stuck to the fridge…? I thought that was downright universal