• PeelerSheila @aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Came home last night to this:

Mr P reckons he fell through his bed, tried to fix it and couldn’t, and then smashed it up and threw it out onto the garden he’s just spent ages trying to tidy up. Now he’s sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I talked about getting a new bed, but my MIL said “how ridiculous! bloody leave him there and he can enjoy it!” With all the kerfuffle, nobody remembered to put the bins out 🤦🏼‍♀️😭

Changed the car insurance to a monthly payment, which costs a little more but is more manageable for me. With Elders therapy appointments, his laptop needing to be taken to get fixed, and the possibility of having to buy a new bed (and the Minipeelers are due new mattresses as well) the cheaper annual payment is not really an option anymore.

Good morning everyone! 🤣

• Baku@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

Oof that’s wild… I hope you’re doing okay, it sucks to come home to shit broken

• oztrin@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

Echoing the WTFs.
      Re: new mattresses, Bunnings do a very affordable box mattress. I presume it comes in single or double? Possible option.

• melbaboutown@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

throws Mr P into the garden

Kidding! I’m kidding!

But yeah I think if he wants a new bedframe after that he can save up the money and make the arrangements.