Share your shave of the day!

Wildcard Wednesday

"Product can be any singular product you want to use - it doesn't even have to be soap.  But here's the catch: any subsequent shave by other LG participants on the same day with the same product will be disqualified; only the earliest submitted shave will earn points for being on-theme.
Note: For the purposes of counting brands for the Soap Brands bonus point, whatever you use here will be counted as whatever brand it is.  Palmolive dish soap?  Palmolive.  Skippy peanut butter?  Skippy.  Barrister and Mann Cootie Killer?  Barrister and Mann.  Home-made soap?  Assume it's branded however you would usually brand it if you made something.  Two soaps superlathered together?  Whoops, that's a disqualification."
  • gcgallant@sub.wetshaving.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

June 26, 2024

• Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts with Declaration Grooming B10

• Razor: Puma 89 #2 11/16 Full Hollow

• Lather: Eufros - Rosa Oud - Soap

• Post Shave: Eufros - Rosa Oud - Aftershave Balm

• Post Shave: Thayers - Rose - Toner

• Fragrance: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Oud - Eau de Parfum

• Talc: Yardley Gold

Wonderful shave. Perhaps I’m missing it, but I don’t see a lot of Eufros used around here these days. I only became aware of it because of u/VisceralWatch. Rosa Oud has a very unique, and kind of haunting, scent.

The razor for today’s excursion was my new (to me) Puma 89 #2, and today’s shave was a test shave. It went very well. Here is a video of me playing with this cat.

• DaveWave94@sub.wetshaving.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

• Prep: cold water
    • Razor: Feather Popular
    • Blade: Feather
    • Brush: hands
    • Lather: Hawkins & Brimble - Elemi & Ginseng shaving cream
    • Post Shave: Natura Siberica ASB gel

1 pass head shave. This one wasn’t so good. A lot of tiny weepers on my scalp.

Thing is, Feathers are again deceptively smooth. Usually I feel when a shave is bad: tugging, an awful tight skin feeling, burn… There was none of that, but I immediately saw the little bleeding dots appear in the mirror! As I took the blade out to bin it, I saw a few tiny burrs on it. Maybe this was a rare manufacturing defect…

The end of the internship is near and I am so happy about that. Really, this place sucks ass. I’ll never complain about my nursing home working conditions again if I remember this place.

• walden@sub.wetshaving.socialOPM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

June 26, 2024

• Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
    • Razor: Wolfman Guerilla (Gen 1)
    • Blade: Bolzano Superinox (German) (14)
    • Lather: Noble Otter - Batters Up - Soap
    • Post Shave: Noble Otter - Hamami - Aftershave
    • Fragrance: Noble Otter - Hamami - EdP

Batters Up got such a bad rap, and it’s really too bad – but it’s honestly one of my all time favorites. It’s so good.

Relevant post and frag: Hamami is another scent from Noble Otter that tends to be divisive, and it’s also one of my all-time faves. So the relevance is that the scents are not loved by all, but are super-loved by me.

Brush cleaning - My brushes get a thorough rinse with warm water (even if I do a cold water shave) after every shave. I have a water softener in my house, so soap scum (the white residue, which to my knowledge is mostly stearic acid) takes a very long time to develop, or doesn’t develop at all. If I do clean a brush, I’m cleaning the white residue off the handle with a dry towel. It wipes right off.