• victron@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I feel it in my gut that some day Pokemon is going to have his “BotW”-like game that will make it revolutionary and relevant again, but until then we’re gonna get a lot of stinkers.

• jmcs
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

They don’t even have to do anything new, they just have to look at Cassette Beasts to see how to pull off an open world Pokemon-like game.

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

And you’ll have a certain group of diehard fans who believe it “isn’t a real pokémon game” because of the changes lol.

• Potatos_are_not_friends@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Pokemon never catered to the die hards.

The money they make is always from new fans. Which is why they went that path for multiple generations. I think this latest release caused a dip in profits, so only now are they like… “Let’s give them a bone.”

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I’m more pointing out how BotW and TotK, while widely praised, seemed to anger a small subset of Zelda fans.

• victron@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

I’ve never heard such complaints, but it doesn’t surprise me. And I kinda get it, even though I find them ridiculous (with all due respect), some people doesn’t like change or consider some specific elements to be the “soul” of a game and it should never be touched. But as a hard Zelda fan myself, I welcomed the direction BotW took, and I’m already looking forward to see how Zelda reinvents itself again.

• SSUPII@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Black2/White2 used to be so missunderstood. People would absolutely kill each other for that right now