• Rapidcreek@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The problem is that by not scoring points he’s putting the WCC is jeopardy. Both McLaren drivers are scoring points. The only logical thing RB can do is flip DannyRick and Perez. But, there is no telling if Danny can perform any better.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I’m assuming that all the data favors Danny. Don’t forget, Red Bull has a whole lot of data to determine who is quicker.

• Sentau
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Somehow hard to see how the guy who is “faster” according to the data is consistently slower in the real world

• Sentau
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                2 months ago

You also have to acknowledge that far more than sporting concerns are involved in their decision making or else Yuki would have been already in that seat

• Microw@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Tsunoda is experienced and has proven to be consistent at RB. Ricciardo is only the first of those two.

• Sentau
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Why though. Both the experienced drivers are performing bad. The car will be a new experience in either case

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              2 months ago

One has driven for the team before, knowing the engineers. Both parties should know what to expect.

But you mistake me. I don’t care who replaces Perez or if anyone does.