My parents are landlords of a medium apartment with a family of 4 living inside it. Is it hypocritical for me to be a Marxist-Leninist when my parents are landlords? especially considering what past revolutionaries have done to landlords (Mao). To clarify things, i do not agree with the concept of landlord-ism and how my parents (and me too from a broader view) are benefiting from someone else’s income while doing nothing except owning basic human needs

• MochiGamer@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

No you’re not inherently hypocritical because while you may be the beneficiary of capitalist exploitation and landleeches, but that doesn’t mean you must do the same. Not unlike what Engles did, there are pro worker movements that you could put your efforts toward especially if you’re in a more comfortable and need to work relatively less… After all it’s hard to teach theory and spread awareness/organize labour power, if you’re always having to work for the meat on your plate. We’re not a movement of meritocracy/individuality, we need as many people to understand and teach the horrors of capitalism as well the way forward.

That all said ensure you get your education and don’t waste this opportunity to ensure your own financial security (ideally with no reliance on labour value extraction). To become a capitalist is “bad” but there always will be capitalists so to be a capitalists that is pushing for revolution will be better than anti-revolutionaries exclusive holding the power. Additionally, many great members of the movement have benefited from or been themselves capitalists. Their self-awareness and efforts they made to write these wrongs is what set them apart.

TLDR; Not inherently hypocritical. You’re benefiting from workers being squeezed, don’t let them be sucked dry just so you can lick the cheeto dust off your fingers or else yeah that’d be pretty sour. You sound like you’re already on the right track by even asking this question. Good luck comrade.