This beauty was cuddling with a car when I went past her on my bike. I stopped and she came to me and purred immediately, very sweet ☺️

• Optional@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

Keep your distance food ape!

I will decide when you may approach. Hang on, I gotta clean my face.

• VelvetStorm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 days ago

I would have taken it home, but I understand not everyone has that option. I found my flame point cat as a kitten in my front yard.

• morgunkornOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

That was very obviously someone’s cat enjoying a hot day outside, the cat wasn’t in distress, don’t worry

I myself have a Siamese cat so I was directly attracted to this one

• morgunkornOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          22 days ago

In Germany it’s completely normal to let cats roam, but I understand it’s a cultural thing.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            22 days ago

It’s bad practice for the local environment and cats. Cats are responsible for at least 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles going extinct. Just because it’s a cultural thing doesn’t mean it’s good or should be ok.

• morgunkornOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              22 days ago

I’m not argumenting with that, just saying it’s normal here. Taking this cat in would be blatant theft

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                22 days ago

Serious question if it has no collar and nothing on it to indicate it is owned, how is it theft?

• morgunkornOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  22 days ago

Tattoo in the ear or chip under the skin that can be read by any veterinarian.

That’s where i’d head, if a cat that would linger several days in an area, with signs of sickness, dehydration or malnourishment. But this one was super fluffy and clean, it didn’t cross my mind a single second it would be stray.

But like i say, different countries, different rules. In Australia it would be caught immediately because of local laws.