• Grippler@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    29 days ago

If I could trust my employer to not snoop around in my phone and online activities, I wouldn’t have an issue having a single device for both work and private…but with their need for control and surveillance, there is no trust at all.

• einkorn@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

What kind of stuff do you have to install for work?

For me it’s just 2FA Keys, that can keep in the same app (Aegis) as my private ones.

• BearOfaTime@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        29 days ago

Doesn’t matter what it is.

Never mix work and personal in a device. Anytjing that happens with work, your device may be considered evidentiary…goodbye device until that’s resolved.

• Grippler@feddit.dk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        29 days ago

If I could trust their spyware to be contained to only a work profile, it could work…but I don’t trust that they will only touch the work profile.

• rmuk@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          29 days ago

If you don’t trust your phone to keep your work profile isolated then you don’t trust your phone. Work profile doesn’t ask apps nicely.

• Grippler@feddit.dk
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

My employer manages profiles on the phone, so I’d have to trust them to set it up in a way that doesn’t allow them access to the private profile.

• slaacaa@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

In my previous 2 jobs I used my own phone with dual sim, and was circumventing all this bullshit and just synching my mails from the company webserver. The method was less than official, but many IT guys and top managers did this.

My current company is much more strict, so I just carry 2 phones with me, I really hate it, but I will never give the full access to my personal device.

• Grippler@feddit.dk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

Yeah I did this previously at my old job too, but my current one doesn’t allow that and require full control of the device.

• ripcord@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

Like, when you hire a gigalo but.he’s really awful looking and dweeby.

In this case you’d get the ones they meant from a Blockbuster or Redbox.