Nowadays Windows is filled with adware and is fairly slow, but it wasn’t always like this. Was there a particular time where a change occurred?

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

You either wrestle with massive configuration files (located at /usr/share/applications buddy)

This is not a request for help. I do not want you to solve this current problem for me. I can do that myself. The problem is that these problems are neverending and people just cannot accept that it is a huge problem. Please, I beg you, open your eyes, acknowledge the issue, and stop lying.

• Sethayy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I just mean to say that’s all a shortcut is in windows, so liking one and hating another is a bit contradictory.

KDE also has a quite nice application editor

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

I explained the problem quite thoroughly, it’s your choice to be a toxic linux fanboy and ignore how obviously shit the solution is.

And there is a significant difference in how you’re expected to make the shortcuts. In windows the operation is built in, default, seamless. In Linux it is unworkably tedious. The fact you don’t see the difference is a serious problem.

And the idea I should replace the entire OS or window manager just because of this one bizarre problem I couldn’t possibly have anticipated when installing is absurd. You people want linux to be universal and you expect people to work this hard at adoption, and you blame them when they give up on your toxic bullshit? You are deluded.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I’m not gonna lie I don’t think anyone who uses Linux thinks every tool should solve every problem, yeah.

But hey if you want your software to not work you’re free to!

All I do in KDE is right click applications and click edit applications for anyone wondering, as someone as simple as myself only understands GUI’s not fancy folder rearranging

(Like a built in operation? Moving a custom binary to a specific folder is easy? How do you even find this location? And this could be a 2 line script? How much copium you gotta huff to use windows and see its workflow as holy is insane. Ik this ain’t the boy scounts level self sufficient but you gotta have at least one or two thoughts bouncing around to use Linux, and for the love of God know what an OS and window manager do before you use them incorrectly, cause both are compatible across gdm/sddm to gnome/KDE plasma)

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

I hate Windows. I just acknowledge that toxic Linux fanboys like you are only making the problem worse. You suck, and Linux has massive problems.

I know you don’t care, I’ve met too many people like you to imagine you’ll ever stop this bullshit.

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                2 months ago

Way to prove you’re not a toxic asshole - aggressively misunderstand me and then laugh about it.

EDIT: I leave this comment, then it gets downvoted along with every comment on my profile for at least one page worth of comments. That’s another way to prove you’re the reasonable one I guess.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  2 months ago

Hey I havent down voted anything if it helps.

To get a bit more philosophical I think it’s almost important there’s assholes like me in the Linux community; its growing desktop share is great but at the end of the day you have to WANT to use it to make full use of Linux as a tool, and if you are hellbent on finding problems with it you can just leave if you’re not having fun - were not like Microsoft, nor will follow its customs.

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    2 months ago

If that’s what you think then you’re admitting it will never succeed as an operating system.

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    2 months ago

Also:

if you are hellbent on finding problems with it you can just leave if you’re not having fun

This is exactly the kind of gaslighting I said you should stop doing.