I’m beginning to think anything about assassins, serial killers, or psychopaths will automatically be dogshit.

Summary: Globetrotting spy thriller turns into Hannibal-esque psychosexual romance between the cat and the mouse, except with more Whedonism. Konstantin is the best character.

Also, Jodie Comer could play Ivanka Trump. Also “Villanelle” would’ve been a much more intriguing title than “Killing Eve” lol, but I guess the latter have more metaphorical meanings as well.

• EmoThugInMyPhase [he/him]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I would say yes, but I genuinely thought the ending to the third was season was the ending to the show and I was like “oh okay I can see why it was ‘controversial’,” but I figured it was whatever since they determined The Twelve wasn’t just some Russian cabal and was an international conspiracy, and I thought their little moment on the bridge was touching.

But then the credits rolled and I saw the “next episode” button and a dread filled in my body as I realized there was another fucking season to this show. Now Konstantin is some mayor despite being hunted for trying to leave the organization and stealing their money, Eve is a sharpshooter and private investigator despite being the worst cop ever (which I guess is accurate), Villanille is trying to “change” and none of them are in contact with each other despite wanting the same things??? There’s a bunch of unresolved shit from the last season, and now I’m just annoyed. I think I’m going to stop watching this season and pretend it ended on that bridge.