Looks like there’s a breaking change in the syntax of the hyprland.conf file that came from yesterday’s update, as now things like blur_passes = ... don’t work anymore and need to be just passes = ... inside a blur namespace (not even sure this is the appropriate term?), ie something like:

blur {
        enabled = false
        size = 3
        passes = 3
        new_optimizations = true
    }
  • nexussapphire@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

It was enough for me to wipe my computer and try kde on Gentoo. I might come back, my patience runs short.

• 30p87@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Some people need their daily Distro change. Just like coffee addicts or junkies.

• nexussapphire@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I always like to learn something new! My Hyprland instance was always an unfinished project and probably would have stayed that way for a while.

I have a bad habit of stopping at usable and good enough.

• 30p87@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Though I also don’t push myself to get more advanced features and configs with sway, I still customize and fix things that would benefit my workflow, no matter how long it takes. Made a wallpaper randomizer, made a little program that opens (and closes) a foot window with vim open editing a notes file, now I’m making a script full screen displaying my timetable on command. Though a dedicated version of the app would be better.

• nexussapphire@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

I’ll probably go back to Hyprland but it’s easier to learn the basics of Gentoo if I’m not having to worry so much about config files.

Besides, support for Hyprland on Gentoo is a little weird when it comes to gtk apps and a few of the issues are similar to kde on Gentoo.

• nexussapphire@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

There was no hate, just an excuse to drop an unfinished project and learn something new.