I went to a hospital recently to visit a friend and needed to buy lunch while I was there. I purchased a premade chicken Caesar salad in a package for $7.50.

I walk back to where I’m staying and realize the salad has everything except the dressing. It’s literally lettuce, chicken, croutons, and a bit of cheese.

I say fuck this because it’s hardly even a Caesar salad at this point, and I go back to buy something else. That’s when I realize, they do have dressing, but it’s sold separately and it’s a fucking $1.00.

A big deal? No. Infuriating? YES.

• shyguyblue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I’ve known this immeasurable sorrow all too well… The other scenario: You get your Caesar salad, open the packet of dressing, only to discover that it’s blue cheese dressing, and your life long aversion to feet makes it inedible… (Blue cheese is not a dressing, it’s a lump of bacteria fungus infested curd, flight me)

• TragicNotCute@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I particularly enjoy the people angry about my post being angry enough to downvote it. When will I see the post from their point of view about how angry I made them?

Soon I hope

• Angry_Autist (he/him)@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

That is entirely too zen for my everyday wear anger.

I’d need to be ‘righteous Buddha angry’ for this to click but I think the answer you are looking for will probably involve an abstract period of footwear exchange.

If you do ever find the answer, let me know because I’d love to know what my downvoters were thinking (besides, you know ‘bandwagon effect’)

• weeeeum@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I like salad but I HATE salads that I’ve bought. I once went to a restaurant and ordered a 9$ Caesar salad. For that kind of money you’d expect home made dressing and croutons.

All I got was a packet of dressing, croutons from a bag and roughly chopped ice burg lettuce.

This was a RESTAURANT. I’ve had salads from fast food places that are better!. The only salad that doesn’t disappoint me is the Cobb salad from chick fil a, but also from now on I’ll just make my own. Magnitudes cheaper too.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

You got a salad. I just did takeout from a nearby kebab place. It was very tasty but the “salad” was three small pieces of lettuce and a tub of ranch dressing. I don’t see how that’s even worth the effort of including

• Nuke_the_whales@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I know it’s not healthy but I learned you can order a pizza or pretty much anything to the hospital. Not that it’s cheaper though

• MrJameGumb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

That’s pretty normal for something you’d get at a hospital. The food there is designed to be just good enough that you’ll actually eat it but not so good that you’d choose to go there is you had another choice. I got a premade salad from the grocery store last week and it had plenty of meat and cheese on it and came with a big packet of salad dressing that was honestly more than I needed.

There’s a reason people have been making fun of hospital food for decades now lol

• Angry_Autist (he/him)@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

FFFFFUUUUUUCK! This is exactly what I mean about hidden fees and everyone trying to scam everyone everywhere you turn!

It doesn’t have to be about big deals. In fact, getting angry about small things is good because sometimes even small things need to change and if corporate greed isn’t reigned in, we are going to hit Great Depression levels of food price inflation within the next decade.