• kamiheku@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Can someone play devil’s advocate for Daniel? I truly do not get what his thinking is here.

• MystikIncarnate@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

IMO, he’s thinking that anyone with a disability is incapable of working, so they’ll be out during the day getting things done while the rest of us are working 9-5.

Obviously not the case, and people with disabilities who are eligible for a disabled placard, are normal people, many of whom have jobs.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Daniel is obviously thinking that disabled people turn into giant, ferocious wolves that will prowl the city streets for their insatiable desire for human flesh when the full moon rises and he doesn’t think that means they should be able to get into CVS faster than him when he has shampoo to buy.

• davidagain@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Daniel doesn’t buy shampoo, his mum buys him a bottle each Christmas and birthday.

• spongebue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

They seem to build out the number of handicapped spots for the peak crowd amount, which makes sense. If I’m at Home Depot and it’s 8PM, and there are maybe a dozen cars in the lot I could maybe see making a few spots handicap only during certain times?

The flip side is that it’s only a few more steps for me. I’ll survive

• Pacattack57@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s poor logic. He’s assuming disabled people can’t walk and therefore can’t do anything so they have no reason to be out of the house except for work.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I work from 5 till 9, not 9 to 5. I work NIGHT SHIFTS. I can’t really be around people and I’m kind of a vampire

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

4 hours a day, 5 days a week, so 20 hours (I actually wanna get moar, but right now each person only has one building… I’m a Janitor for a fortune 500)

• dQw4w9WgXcQ@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

My attempt:

People with disabilities are obviously never outdoors themselves without an employed health worker. Outside of the normal work hours (9-17), we can’t expect any health workers to be taking diabled patients outdoors, thus Daniel should be allowed to park there on his way home.