• CyborgMarx [any, any]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This isn’t an issue of data, it’s an issue of racist drivel being presented as medical science, people in this thread have already presented the actual data for your “questions” and surprise! Yes medical professionals are trained to expect black people to lie about pain because they’re literally taught black people don’t experience pain, THAT’S THE REAL WORLD DATA

See we’re dealing with the dire reality of racism in the medical field and you think it’s simply an issue of not having data, one: we already have the data, two: racists don’t give a fuck about data, that’s why the black category can only be read as “they’re lying” because the rest of the categories are filled with indefensible bigotry and cartoonish caricatures, that reveals the mindset of the editor and author of the section, as such they cannot be treated as any sort of reliable transmitter of inferred data, especially when the real data contradicts their racist assertions

• ScrivenerX@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think you misunderstand me.

I believe that racism is a problem, especially in medicine. I think that there are many groups who are discriminated medical professionals.

I don’t think the information is presented in a good way. But I think it’s important to look at this information. Racists don’t care about what the data says, that doesn’t mean it isn’t important for sane people to see the data. It’s like the infamous crime statistic, where the conclusion racists draw is black people are not only more likely to commit crime but they are also bad and will be caught, as opposed to thinking for one brief second that the issue is one of unfair enforcement.

I think that suppression of knowledge isn’t a good course. Obviously the information was presented in a poor fashion, but there is a difference between it just being racism and being really bad at showing data. But presenting findings can’t be considered racist, taking findings out of context can be.

• CyborgMarx [any, any]@hexbear.netOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I swear in one ear out the other, real sus shit from our little lemm.ee visitor, there is no “findings” to be presented, there is no “context” to massage the racist drivel in that book, it’s all garbage, the actual data (that has already been posted in this thread, which you have ignored) contradicts everything in that trash section

It’s not about presentation, there is no “good” fashion for displaying racism, the information itself is bogus and cartoonishly bigoted, how this isn’t obvious to you speaks volumes about your ignorance concerning racial subjects, but hey you’re cracker so I guess I have to grade you on a curve

• JuneFall [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I think that suppression of knowledge isn’t a good course

You really have to touch grass and actually listen to people who are experts in epistomology and medical science, they will have very contrary opinions to yours.

Focault prison did do some good showing some development of medical institutions, you yourself just think that stuff is neutral now and you also think that text book racism is “data” and “knowledge” which it isn’t.

You also defend the “data” form a racist text book now and bound much more time than if you had stayed silent and instead read the links and sources in the thread which link to papers and articles challenging the racist ideas of “blacks no pain tolerace”.