The Stewards do not consider this to be a typical case of “changing direction under braking” although it is our determination that the driver of Car 44 could have done more to avoid the collision.

• Coelacanth@feddit.nu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

On overall balance I think it’s not too wild to filter this as a racing incident and leave it there, but I agree that even suggesting Lewis should have done more is strange. It’s definitely on Max here.

• l_b_i@yiffit.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I feel like its rare they don’t blame one driver for late race incidents. With no evidence or examples, I feel like I’ve seen more questionable incidents lead to penalties. I know they say they don’t take outcome into consideration, but both cars drove away mostly undamaged and Max lost a few places.

• misery mansion@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

If Max had taken them both out, which was entirely possible, then we’d be looking at this very differently. He’s definitely very unsettled now which is showing in his driving and radio

• essteeyou@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

He’s insufferable on the radio, honestly. I only got a chance to watch 10 minutes of highlights and he annoyed me to no end in that time. Being pissy with his team and then with everyone else.