But Musk later changed his mind, reportedly donating $45 million a month of his money to the pro-Trump political action committee American PAC.

`Nuff said. CEOs are often Republican, but to be this outspokenly political is normally a bad thing for CEOs like Musk. Media company heads (and Twitter/X is a media company) are supposed to at least pretend to be neutral.

And catering to the far-right seems like a bad idea if your company makes EVs. But what do I know?

• mommykink@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

You joke but there’s a company right now selling solar power “own the libs who control the power boards.”

Patriot Power

It’s a step in the right direction, I guess.

• glimse@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Isn’t it so funny how they hate liberals for doing/wanting the things they claim to be the champions of?

• skyspydude1@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Solar is a weird rabbit hole of the kind of people who get it. It’s like the epitome of horseshoe theory, where you either have the left-leaning eco-conscious sorts, or the far-right doomer/prepper “I hate the government so much I’m going to live off-grid” types who are the main people interested in it.

It’s very weird researching solar stuff sometimes, because the advertising will either focus on the more typical performance metrics like W/m² and smart-home integration, or their ability to withstand an EMP and the fact they have no 5G chips in them and shit.

• jaybone@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I think there’s another one too with a similar brand and marketing. I suppose that’s a good thing.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

There’s one called Semper Solaris that’s full on with the military branding. “Declare your independence from the greedy power companies” etc.

Interesting thing is, they’re actually a very competent company who hires former marines and has massive discounts for veterans.

• Cypher@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Veterans who were sent to war for oil companies, turning to installing solar power is a top tier ‘fuck you’