• jjjalljs@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I really would like conservatives to just… Stop. Just go outside. Get off Facebook. Stop wasting so much time being mad about human sexuality and gender.

• ArbitraryValue@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

I think that’s what the governor wants too (especially since leaving people alone and letting them make their own choices is a big part of the state’s identity). He’s not the one proposing these laws; he’s just picking his battles.

• FenrirIII@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Maybe it’s the voters who should decide these issues, rather than a handful of representatives (who don’t truly represent the people).

• ArbitraryValue@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 month ago

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that in New Hampshire, only amendment to the state constitution can be voted on directly that way. Or do you mean that the voters should decide in the sense that each voter should be able to decide for himself rather than there being a law?

• lolcatnip@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

leaving people alone and letting them make their own choices is a big part of the state’s identity

Evidently not. They’re all talk, just like people in Texas who say the same thing while they vote for more government interference in the most intimate parts of people’s lives.