Verstappen set for Belgian GP grid penalty for engine change

Max Verstappen is set for a 10-place grid penalty at this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix for exceeding his engine allowance, Autosport has learned.

• GreenEngineering3475@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Does Max start ahead of Perez or behind Perez after the penalty is applied? Give me your predictions.

If he starts behind Perez and puts the car in the podium position, the meltdown from Horner and Marko will be something worth watching.

• baru@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Does Max start ahead of Perez or behind Perez after the penalty is applied?

Most logically is that Max is still ahead. So I’ll go with behind Perez, because else it would be too damn clear how bad the situation is.

the meltdown from Horner and Marko will be something worth watching.

Aren’t those two divided on which driver their prefer? Also, Horner tried to get rid of Marko, no?

• GreenEngineering3475@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Aren’t those two divided on which driver their prefer?

That’s what makes it entertaining. Horner will have to defend him in media and Marko is not going to hold back. Hoping that Marko keeps the comments about Perez on his performance issues rather than his ethnicity or place of birth.

Also, Horner tried to get rid of Marko, no?

In my opinion: Marko (probably) will question Horner’s decision(s) (in public? I don’t think Marko will be that bold) regarding drivers to weaken Horner and get some of power back in Red Bull org.