• مهما طال الليل@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Israel does not control the US. The reality is the other way around, the US uses Israel to do the dirty work that would be too unpalatable for US voters, despite the theater.

• Serinus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

That makes sense. It’s the US that has interest in Palestinian land, not Israel.

• 3ntranced@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Not so much interest in the land - no oil or natural gas- more so in pushing the “everything not governed by us is a shithole-watch us bomb it to submission” bootlicker mentality.

I’m all for anti-terrorism, but the longer a foreign entity is on their land, the more terrorists it ends up creating.

• Serinus@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

“us”? Who is bombing?

I do think the US could handle the situation a little better. We can protect Israel from Iran and company without directly providing them bombs for Gaza while still getting everything the US wants.

But the primary blame here absolutely lies with Israel. Bibi is making the decisions.

• 3ntranced@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

The thing is, when were talking “providing munitions and bombs” this is not like a US Senetor signing an invoice form. These deals are handled by private defense contractors who essentially are war stock brokers who either hop on government requisition contracts or middleman the logistics of shipping.

The “government’s” only actual input is posting the RFIs and signing off on the contractors involvement. And these contractors are literally anyone. You and I could start a LLC right now and because of FAR requirements (laws that give small buisnesses advantage on some contracts) start bidding on these contracts with no prior experience whatsoever.

Bibi is on the consumer end of the deals so I don’t doubt he has near full involvement. But the reason the US is to blame, is they allow the open market trade of Warfare.